Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Free Image Tuesday Beauties For You!...

Sisters Forever.  A beautiful cabinet card from Wauseon, Ohio.  I put a background page behind the photo so you could see the wonderful scalloped edges of the card.  Their necklaces and outfits match and I am not quite certain they are sisters, but I like to think so:)



Little Miss CDV photograph.  Her beautiful dress forms a cape in the back and has such wonderful ruffles and detailing.  She seems shy and tiny in front of her big studio backdrop.


Little Man CDV.  This CDV (cartes de visite) sized photo is a very early one.  Based on the hair style and clothing of our fella I would date this photo to the early 1860s.    A lovely studio chair adds to the beauty of this one.

12 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

I really love looking at the vintage photos. I just received a bunch from a friend who was cleaning out their things! Lucky girl that I am!!!
TFS!
Linda

Andrea said...

Jamie,
As always you have the most beautiful vintage photos!! Thanks for sharing them!

Gail said...

Jamie,
These are amazing, thanks again for sharing!

Unknown said...

Jamie thanks so much for stopping by my blog and letting me know that my post touched you. I really appreciate knowing that sometimes these little life glimpses resonate with others!
Your blog is so cool and you certainly do have a knack for finding great photos!
Crystal

Gerushia's New World said...

I just adore the CDV of the little girl. I haven't been out flea marketing in several months. I'm getting the itch to find some new (old) photos!

Kim
Gerushia's New World

Lori said...

i think those gals are sisters too...the shape of their eyes is the same...OH!!! that second picture melts my heart, that little girl is adorable...and i am swooning over her dress!!!

Lori said...

i just noted that your post pics are bigger now...looks great Miss Texas!!!

Tina said...

my dads mum used to collect postcards as a young lady.. circa 1900... i wish i kn ew what happened to them.. as id love to be able to re create my atcs using copies of them.. they used to intrigue me as a child...
x

Lisa said...

Hi,
I've been lurking around your blog for ages & just love it! I think I even have you on my blogroll, just never leave a message. Wanted to tell you how much I love what you do! Hope to meet you one day, think we live close. Lisa

peggy gatto said...

What treasures!!
I love the sisters!!!
Thank you!!

yvonne said...

Thank you for all the beautiful images on your blog. I really love them.

The Blackwood Cottage said...

I have vintage photos that I picked up here and there, they called to me. I haven't done anything with them ... yet. Think think think.
Machelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails